Site news

Bertha DocHouse: Nick Broomfield Retrospective in June

My photo
Bertha DocHouse: Nick Broomfield Retrospective in June
by Tom Davies - Thursday, 25 May 2017, 2:18 PM

"Mr Broomfield ... is the ingratiating, kink-loving, deceptively mild-mannered British filmmaker whose favourite interview question seems to be 'Really?'" - New York Times

Ahead of the release of legendary documentarian Nick Broomfield’s latest film,Whitney ‘Can I Be Me’, we’re giving you the chance to revisit some of his most iconic docs in this DocHouse retrospective. 

SAT 3 JUNE - 18:30
SOLDIER GIRLS (1981)
Dir. Nick Broomfield & Joan Churchill
Co-directed with Joan Churchill, Soldier Girls follows a platoon of women undergoing basic training at Fort Worth, Georgia. Winner, Best Documentary, BAFTA.
SUN 4 JUNE - 20:30
KURT & COURTNEY (1998)
Dir. Nick Broomfield
One of his most controversial films, Kurt and Courtney sees Nick Broomfield set out to discover whether there is any truth in the conspiracy theories surrounding the death of Nirvana’s lead singer, Kurt Cobain
TUE 6 JUNE - 20:30
BIGGIE AND TUPAC (2002)
Dir. Nick Broomfield
In his 2002 film, Nick Broomfield travels across America investigating the notorious unsolved murders of renowned rap stars Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls.
THU 8 JUNE - 18:30
AILEEN: LIFE AND DEATH OF A SERIAL KILLER (2003)
Dir. Nick Broomfield & Joan Churchill
Broomfield’s second film with America's first female serial killer, Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer returns to the story of Aileen Wuornos, the highway prostitute convicted of killing six men in Florida between 1989 and 1990.